No Internet Connection Needed
With the entire dictionary bundled in the app you can used iCED on your iPhone or iPod touch with no Internet connection. Great when you’re travelling out of the country!
Support for Traditional and Simplified Chinese Characters
馬 or 马 ? It’s up to you. Easily change from one to the other when searching. Great if you are learning both traditional and simplified characters; toggle back and forth to see the differences.
Find what you’re looking for.
Search the dictionaries using:
- Chinese characters (using the Chinese hand recognition built into the iPhone OS)
- Hanyu Pinyin (with tone numbers, by typing 1 .. 5)
- Hanyu Pinyin (without tone numbers)
- radical index.
- English words (French dictionary available too)
After you look up a word, store it in a word list for later review. Flexible organization allows you to order your lists to your liking. Easily copy items from your search history to your custom word list, select multiple entries from a list and move/copy them all to another.
You can also e-mail a word list to yourself (or someone else) so that you can review it on your desktop computer or laptop.
Back up your word lists to a MobileMe account or another WebDAV server. If you do not have a MobileMe account, free WebDAV services are available on the Internet, such as Swiss Disk*.
* Murage Inc. has no affiliation to Swiss Disk. This link is provided solely as a convenience to our users as a free alternative to MobileMe for backing up your iCED data.