These are the dictionaries currently available for iCED Chinese Dictionary. You can download these dictionaries to your computer and then load them into iCED via iTunes. This requires an iPhone or iPod touch running iOS 4.0 or higher, or an iPad running iOS 3.2 or higher.
ABC Chinese-English Comprehensive Dictionary (not available for purchase at this time)
ABC English-Chinese Dictionary (not available for purchase at this time)
CC-CEDICT English Index (free)
CFDICT (free; French-Chinese)
CDICT5 (free; English-Chinese for native Chinese speakers and advanced students of Chinese)
After you have downloaded the dictionaries, follow the steps below to load them into iCED on your device:
- Connect your device to your computer using the USB cable and open iTunes on your desktop computer. Make sure that the latest version of iCED is installed on both iTunes and your device. Perform a sync if you are not sure.
- In iTunes, select your device from the left pane. In the right pane, at the top, select Apps from the tab strip.
- Scroll down to the File Sharing section.
- Select iCED from the listed apps, then select the “Add…” button.
- Browse to, and select all of, the dictionaries that you downloaded. Select “Choose“.
- Wait for the dictionaries to be transferred to your device.
- On your device, open iCED.
- Select Settings/Add-Ons/Desktop Dictionary Load.
- Tap the Load button. Make sure the message that pops up confirms that the number of loaded items equals the number of dictionaries that you added. Select OK.
- Go back one screen to the Add-ons screen and back again to the main Settings screen.
- Select Manage Dictionaries. Make sure that all of them say ACTIVATED.
- If any are not activated, go back to the Settings screen, select Add-ons, then select Restore. Go through the restore procedure to re-activate the dictionaries.